Search found 27 matches

by zeighty
Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:56 am
Forum: Experiences And 'How To' - Questions
Topic: Sound card for laptop
Replies: 3
Views: 43520

Sound card for laptop

Hi Madrix Team! I run Madrix on a MacBook Pro with Bootcamp running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I would like to use a ASIO compatible sound card. Of course it needs to be connected via USB. Do you have any recommendations? I am currently using a Sound Blaster x-FI Pro and it works okay, but I want to get ...
by zeighty
Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:21 am
Topic: Matrix response...
Replies: 1
Views: 29611

Matrix response...

Hey Madrix Team, I am not sure how something works and need some help understanding... I will send my setup file to info(at)madrix.com. I have setup a matrix, which is similar to one you reviewed not too long ago for me. This matrix has 20 fixtures. 16 used as dimmer (Generic light 1 pixel) and 4 RG...
by zeighty
Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:34 pm
Topic: Madrix running on Mac
Views: 45280

Re: Madrix running on Mac

You may have seen my other post about my Virtualbox test... not good.
Its a few post above this one.
by zeighty
Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:25 pm
Topic: Tested: Virtualbox VM, Win 7 Pro 64 bit and Madrix
Replies: 2
Views: 35132

Re: Tested: Virtualbox VM, Win 7 Pro 64 bit and Madrix

Thanks for the additional information. I knew that OPGL version 2 is old and I know that Mac is up to 4.x now so that helps make the decision to go with a Bootcamp install and avoid the configuration headaches and cost of another VM. So if you are going to stick with OpenGL and not go to DirectX/3D ...
by zeighty
Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:40 pm
Topic: Tested: Virtualbox VM, Win 7 Pro 64 bit and Madrix
Views: 35132

Tested: Virtualbox VM, Win 7 Pro 64 bit and Madrix

I wanted to see if it were possible to run Madrix on a i7 processor MacBook Pro using Win 7 pro running in a VM. So far it has been unsuccessful. Madrix requires OpenGL 2.0 at minimum. My first attempt had message on preview monitor "Preview disabled" OpenGL 1.0 detected, OpenGL 2.0 requir...
by zeighty
Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:18 pm
Forum: Bug Reports
Topic: Freezes under startup
Replies: 4
Views: 54843

Re: Freezes under startup

Thanks for the follow up. Sorry I lost track of this post. I did have a "freeze" situation, but my computer was completely frozen not just Madrix. It may have been heat related (laptop was sitting on a towel). It has only happened twice and I was running Madrix both times. If it happens ag...
by zeighty
Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:11 am
Topic: Updated again... Matrix with more than one fixture type...
Views: 43445

Re: Updated again... Matrix with more than one fixture type.

Thank for your kind words. I will send the file to you within a day, probably tonight. I have two Light-o-Rama controllers (LOR). They are usually used for creating Christmas Light shows. Each controller has 16 channels (1-16). Each of these channels is controlling a separate AC line which you plug ...
by zeighty
Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:07 pm
Topic: Easy one for your expert users...
Views: 41973

Easy one for your expert users...

Please explain "overlaps" that occur in the Patch.
I think I know, but I need clarification.
Thanks!
by zeighty
Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:46 am
Topic: Updated again... Matrix with more than one fixture type...
Views: 43445

Updated again... Matrix with more than one fixture type...

Forgive me for editing this post so many times. I may have answered my own questions after trying several things. I used the Matrix Generator to create a matrix with x=8 & y=2 for a total fixture count of 16. These are generic 1 channel light fixtures. For the second 16: Using the Patch editor I...
by zeighty
Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:18 am
Topic: Help!!
Views: 35204

Re: Help!!

No expert here, but it sounds like you have a hardware problem. Did you put in a support request? They read the forums, so maybe you will get a reply soon. I believe that the reply will be that you need to provide more information. Just not enough to go on here.