LIGHT O'RAMA 16 CHANNEL - ENTTEC OPEN DMX USB Pro= MADRIX

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: LIGHT O'RAMA 16 CHANNEL - ENTTEC OPEN DMX USB Pro= MADRI

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi trinidad,

I am sorry to say that, but they are not selling MADRIX. When you click on "Purchase" they simply link back to our website here. Furthermore, MADRIX is no shareware. They also have no reference to which product these costs apply. As you know, we offer several products in the MADRIX product range.

The current MADRIX version is 2.14a. Overall, the current MADRIX range of products is 2.X. If you buy MADRIX, you will get a USB dongle. This security dongle activates the license. When you have the dongle, you will be able to get the latest updates for MADRIX for the 2.X software range from www.madrix.com for sure.

Does that make it clearer?
trinidad

Post by trinidad »

[quote="Dannenberg"]Hi trinidad,

Dannenberg, you are great! You are a big help to me, of course is clear.

question, if i buy it from you, how much is in USA Dollars?

Thanks

ps: i hope you don't get upset with me with too many questions.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi trinidad,

We sell MADRIX through our worldwide distribution and dealer network. As such, you cannot buy it from us directly.

So I am not able to tell you current prices of our products in US Dollars. A quick internet search should be able to get a good price overview in the US. For example, have a look here: http://www.sirs-e.com

Thanks!
trinidad

Post by trinidad »

Dannenberg wrote:Hi trinidad,

We sell MADRIX through our worldwide distribution and dealer network. As such, you cannot buy it from us directly.

So I am not able to tell you current prices of our products in US Dollars. A quick internet search should be able to get a good price overview in the US. For example, have a look here: http://www.sirs-e.com

Thanks!
Hello My Friend Dannenberg, I contacted them but they are offering me two similar products with no explanation. These are the two products:

1) IA-SOFT-001013 - MADRIX KEY start V2.x

2) IA-SOFT-001024 - MADRIX KEY dvi start V2.x

Is this what i need? can you please explaine the different between the too?

Temporary, i just needed to operate my 2012 Christmas lights with my music/lights sequences.

I will buy this product next month. Please let me know.

thanks so much
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Trinidad,

You can find the product overview here: http://www.madrix.com/en/home/products/ ... rview.html

MADRIX KEY start offers DMX-based output (DMX512, Art-Net, KiNet, sACN, Insta/ROBE) and as such the license for 512 DMX channels.
MADRIX KEY dvi start offers DVI-based output (DVI, T9).

I think I can now see why this could be misleading. We do not offer a "starting license package", as you referred to it. MADRIX KEY start is a professional software package just as the bigger licenses. The software offers the same features.
Our license model scales with the required pixels/channels. The more LEDs you wish to control, the bigger the software license needs to be. MADRIX KEY start is the smallest package in terms of available output.

I think MADRIX KEY start is the right product for you. But to make sure, please let me know how many DMX channels or RGB LEDs you wish to control? Thank you!
trinidad

Post by trinidad »

Dannenberg wrote:Hi Trinidad,

You can find the product overview here: http://www.madrix.com/en/home/products/ ... rview.html

MADRIX KEY start offers DMX-based output (DMX512, Art-Net, KiNet, sACN, Insta/ROBE) and as such the license for 512 DMX channels.
MADRIX KEY dvi start offers DVI-based output (DVI, T9).

I think I can now see why this could be misleading. We do not offer a "starting license package", as you referred to it. MADRIX KEY start is a professional software package just as the bigger licenses. The software offers the same features.
Our license model scales with the required pixels/channels. The more LEDs you wish to control, the bigger the software license needs to be. MADRIX KEY start is the smallest package in terms of available output.

I think MADRIX KEY start is the right product for you. But to make sure, please let me know how many DMX channels or RGB LEDs you wish to control? Thank you!
Hello Dannenberg - Very Good question. i have two Light Orama Controllers, each controller has 16 channels. I want the Madrix to control one unit of 16 channels; however, i don't know how many DMX 512 per channel will be using here.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Unfortunately I am no expert in Light-O-Rama. But from my understanding you connect the ENTTEC Open DMX USB Pro to the computer running MADRIX via USB and output the data towards the LOR controller, correct?

If this is the way, MADRIX KEY start should be fine. ENTTEC Open DMX USB Pro offers output of 1 DMX universe, which is 512 DMX channels, since it has 1 XLR output connector.

If you have everything up and running with the demo mode of MADRIX, you should be able to tell me how you configured your Matrix Generator or Patch in MADRIX. Please let me know you setup. Thanks!
trinidad

Post by trinidad »

Dannenberg wrote:Unfortunately I am no expert in Light-O-Rama. But from my understanding you connect the ENTTEC Open DMX USB Pro to the computer running MADRIX via USB and output the data towards the LOR controller, correct?

If this is the way, MADRIX KEY start should be fine. ENTTEC Open DMX USB Pro offers output of 1 DMX universe, which is 512 DMX channels, since it has 1 XLR output connector.

If you have everything up and running with the demo mode of MADRIX, you should be able to tell me how you configured your Matrix Generator or Patch in MADRIX. Please let me know you setup. Thanks!
Hello Dannenberg! yes that exactly correct - LOR data cable to Enttec Open DMX USB Pro to computer and then Madrix do the rest. If i buy the MADRIX KEY start , i will have no dead long seconds of lights not working, correct? Lights will always be on and going according to beat of the music, correct? as you know right now, when i tested, it works but after playing for a couple of seconds it turn off and after severals long seconds start working again and so on. Please clear this point por me. Thanks
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Yes, correct.

What you are describing is a limitation of the demo mode. With a MADRIX KEY this limitation will be completely gone.
trinidad

Post by trinidad »

Dannenberg wrote:Yes, correct.

What you are describing is a limitation of the demo mode. With a MADRIX KEY this limitation will be completely gone.
Fantastic Dannenberg! this is what i want to hear. Thank you very much for all your support.