Martin and Vari-Lite Profiles

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

jknight

Martin and Vari-Lite Profiles

Post by jknight »

I am not sure if this is something people are willing to share but I was wondering if people share their fixture profiles they may have built. I am looking at possibly ridding myself of my current lighting console and moving directly to madrix control. I am not exactly sure how to use the Fixture Editor efficiently and didn't know if people were willing to share their fixtures with me?

I am looking for the following Madrix Profiles:

Martin Mac 500
Vari-Lite VLX (I know there is a version currently in the library but I do not believe I have the VLX3)
Vari-Lite VL3000 Q-Spot

Also, I wanted to see if anyone has used Madrix to control non-LED moving heads? Is this proven to be efficient and easy to operate and program? I am curious as to how it will control certain aspects of the fixtures such as pan/tilt and Gobos/color wheels/prism effects ect...

Thanks in advance!!
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Martin and Vari-Lite Profiles

Post by Guertler »

Hello jknight,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
Currently you will not find moving heads without RGB color mixing in the MADRIX fixture library.
MADRIX is designed to control RGB LED matrices. If you want to control a RGB moving head or washlight you can only control the colors with MADRIX, the movement and so on you have to control with an other lighting console and finally merge the data of both consoles together.
It is nearly impossible to control the Pan, Tilt, Gobo, Color wheel, Shutter, Beam channels of a moving head in a reasonable way with MADRIX.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Thank you.
jknight

Re: Martin and Vari-Lite Profiles

Post by jknight »

Guertler,

Thank you for your quick response! I hate to hear that about Madrix. I am the lighting director at my church and learned about Madrix through my local CVB because they use it in their christmas lighting. I was excited to try out the effects with my LED bars and was happy with the result but was hoping it could control other heads simply as well. Oh well!

Do you, or anyone that views this forum, aware of or use any Lighting Desk software that you have fallen in love with as opposed to the full Lighting Console?

Again, Thank you for your quick response!