flickering leds

This forum is assigned for bug reporting of Version 3.X. Please be as accurate as possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

bvanenk

flickering leds

Post by bvanenk »

Hi Guys,

I've a question about my new matrix bord with a lots of led ;-) around 6000 pieces.

When my bord is on the power and the artnet cable is connected to my laptop (2.0.0.1) all of the leds are 'off'. There is no problem with the leds.

When I started the Madrix software with the blackout function, then started the problem with flickering leds...The flickering leds are random and the time between the flickering is random to.

When I run a storage the flickering leds is less, but not complete gone. For this setup I use a artnet controller (2.0.0.41)

I've got another setup with a Luna 16 and I have the same problem there. But this setup haves a lot minder leds.

Both setups I don't use toghether.

What can I do to fix this problem, where to start?

Thanks for you help!
Last edited by bvanenk on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bvanenk

Re: flickering leds

Post by bvanenk »

edit:
I try it with another PC with madrix 3.6g and it gives the same bug. Is no program running then is there no problem but when I started madrix then the flickering leds begins...

pc spec:
intel core i5-4690k 3.50GHz
8 GB ram
windows 10 64 bit
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello bvanenk,

We tried to reproduce the issue. But at the moment we can not reproduce the behaviour of the Art-Net nodes in connection with MADRIX here.
For a better issue analysis we have some more questions:
  • What kind of fixtures do you use? Please tell us the manufacturer and product.
  • Do you use in both installation the same fixtures?
  • How many fixtures are connected in daisy chain?
  • Do you use terminators at the end of the DMX line?
  • What kind of cables do you use for the connection?
  • Do you use another Art-Net sender in the same network or is MADRIX the only one?
bvanenk

Post by bvanenk »

Good morning,

thank you for your reply!

What kind of fixtures do you use? Please tell us the manufacturer and product. it is a 2812b led strip with +/- 6000 pixels
Do you use in both installation the same fixtures? No, this is with 700 digidots like this http://inventdesign.nl/en/dynamic-led-d ... ginal.html
How many fixtures are connected in daisy chain? 340 pixels strip, 170 digidots
Do you use terminators at the end of the DMX line? the pixelstrip dont use dmx. Its artnet to spi signal. by the digidots no.
What kind of cables do you use for the connection? for the spi signal cat5 cable, digidots tasker 0.35
Do you use another Art-Net sender in the same network or is MADRIX the only one? Its only madrix and a artnet reciever.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

Can you please talk to InventDesign if they know the issue?
– It could be that the FPS/frame rate is set too high for the fixtures in the MADRIX Device Manager.
– It could also be that the fixtures require an activated 'Send Full Frames' for the devices in the MADRIX Device Manager.

Thanks!