Simultaneously Control Independent Groups

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Quinton

Simultaneously Control Independent Groups

Post by Quinton »

Hi

I have a project which has 14 separate buildings each with 2-5universes.

The client wants to be able to have independent effects for each building and have effects which span across the buildings which I can achieve with fixture groups.

The client also needs to be able to control each building independently I.e the manager for building 1 might want to turn the building red, manager for building 2 might want to turn the building green etc then the General Manager of the Hotel might want to click a button and turn on an effect for all the buildings. How can I best achieve this? I was thinking maybe using your new Aura and pull up programs via a web interface then have a master Aura that overrides the independent building Auras.

I am putting together a spec now and would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Simultaneously Control Independent Groups

Post by Guertler »

Hello Quinton,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

By using several MADRIX AURA you will be able to control the lights of the building according to the explained scenarios.
An option would be to install one or several MADRIX AURA in every building. The manager of every building can have access to the AURA in the building and change the desired settings of the AURA via HTTP access.
Furthermore an additinal AURA will be used as master AURA and the general manager of the buildings will have access to this AURA to control the lighting effect over all building. This AURA will trigger all the slave AURAs (which are installed in the several buildings of this installation) to play a scenes for all buildings.
As long as the master AURA is playing the slave AURAs will be trigged via the master and the ouptut will be synced. After the master AURA was stopped the slave AURAs can be triggered again via HTTP access or playing a loop of scens individually. That means at the end of every playback over the full installation the master must be stopped and all slave AURAs must be start to playback one of the individual scenes. To stop the master AURA and start to play the slave AURAs individually can also be done by an HTTP access of the general manager for instance.
Quinton

Post by Quinton »

Hi Guertler,

Sounds like it will be a perfect fit! If say the 14slave Aura's are all set to static white, then the General Manager triggers the Master Aura and plays an effect across all 14slave Aura's, then he stops the effect is it possible for the slaves to go back to white?

Also when will the Aura's be available for purchase?
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi Quinton,

1) "[...]is it possible for the slaves to go back to white?[...]"
- In that case, the playback of the white scene on the "master" AURA need to be started again, this will trigger the slave AURAs to also play back the white scene again.

2) "Also when will the Aura's be available for purchase?"
- Public release is planned within the next weeks. Unfortunately we can't give you an exact release data. If you write us an e-mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com, we can inform you as soon as the product will be released.
Quinton

Post by Quinton »

Ok, got it. Just a further question in this scenario once the Master Aura triggers the white scene on all the slaves, can the manager in one of the buildings (14 buildings in total) got back to independent control i.e. he now wants his building in RED can he trigger the scene independently from his building or will the Master not allow it?
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Quinton,

As long as the master AURA is playing the slave AURAs will be synced with the master. That means during this time no manager of a building can change the scenes to independent control of the building. Only when the master AURA stops the playback, the slave AURAs can be controled independently.
Once the master starts the playback again all slaves will playback the scenes again in synchronized mode.
Quinton

Post by Quinton »

Thanks Guertler
Quinton

Post by Quinton »

Just a follow up question, can I use Madrix5 on a PC as my master and 3aura slaves? In this case how would I switch between master and slave control?
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi Quinton,

[...] can I use Madrix5 on a PC as my master and 3aura slaves?[...]
- Unfortunately this is not possible, since the master slave synchronization only works between/across MADRIX AURA devices.
- Nevertheless if you start a AURA recording in MADRIX 5 and the AURAs have been set up in master-slave mode, the recording will start/end synchronized across all devices.
- That means if you set up one AURA to be the master, and three AURAs to be slave and then start a recording on the master, all slave AURAs will also start to record. This is also the case if you use MADRIX 5 as your recording source as stated above.

I hope this helps you.
Quinton

Post by Quinton »

Ok got it, out of curiosity how many recordings (storage places) can i record to in the Auras?
Also I assume each storage place will be triggered by a diff HTTP command?