RGB Led Strips Connecting to DMX512 Controller

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

mmtlfans

RGB Led Strips Connecting to DMX512 Controller

Post by mmtlfans »

Hi guys, I just got my order delivery this morning. I bought two tapes of rgb led strips, tri-chip rgb smd leds, 5 meters, one power supply 240v to 12v dc and one dmx decorder and a dmx100 master controller with remote.

Here is the rgb led strip I bought

They say it can achieve millions of colors and 256 grey levels, but it is the first time for me to use dmx controller with rgb led strips. Can anyone give any suggestions ? I appreciate it.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: RGB Led Strips Connecting to DMX512 Controller

Post by Wissmann »

Hi,
you like to control this with MADRIX?
Does this DMX Controller has a dmx Input?
If you like to control LED´s with MADRIX by DMX512 it is necessary to assign a dmx address to the LED controller so MADRIX can address/control it.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
neilric99

Post by neilric99 »

One group who have done quite a lot of work with these RGB strips is http://www.auschristmaslighting.com, they have a great forum and are on the bleeding edge of the RGB technology for christmas lighting displays.

I personally have 1500 RGB 8mm pixels connected to 8 DMX to pixel controllers and being driven in matrix format via Madrix Basic.

Neil
mmtlfans wrote:Hi guys, I just got my order delivery this morning. I bought two tapes of rgb led strips, tri-chip rgb smd leds, 5 meters, one power supply 240v to 12v dc and one dmx decorder and a dmx100 master controller with remote.

They say it can achieve millions of colors and 256 grey levels, but it is the first time for me to use dmx controller with rgb led strips. Can anyone give any suggestions ? I appreciate it.
jstjohnz

Post by jstjohnz »

mmtlfans wrote:Hi guys, I just got my order delivery this morning. I bought two tapes of rgb led strips, tri-chip rgb smd leds, 5 meters, one power supply 240v to 12v dc and one dmx decorder and a dmx100 master controller with remote.

You mention a "DMX Decoder", do you have a picture of that? To control these strips with Madrix you need a DMX 'dongle' that plugs into a USB port on your PC, then the other piece of hardware you need is hopefully what you are referring to as a DMX Decoder, that will convert the DMX data to the right format to drive your strings.

I am currently using Madrix to drive RGB pixels, feel free to PM me.
Jim St. John

[color=#BF00BF]The Pixel Project[/color]
jim at [url]www.sandevices.com[/url]