DMX-IN and HTP, how does it work?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

newton2013

DMX-IN and HTP, how does it work?

Post by newton2013 »

I am trying to run HTP for my DMX In, but am running into problems.

I have Dmx Software, running IN via artnet,
It shows up fine in the Madrix DMX Watcher.

I set the fixture profiles (via the fixture editor) to HTP on every channel.
I clicked HTP in the Dmx-In settings, for artnet.

Nothing from DMX In goes through to the Virtual Out, except for channel 1 (see below)

If I unclick HTP in DMX-In Artnet, the channels go through, but Ignore madrix input. Which does seem to be what is supposed to happen without HTP.

I assume I am doing something incorrectly...
It is set for...

Map channel 1 to 334
Uni 1
Start at channel 1

What happens is no matter which channel I alter via DMX In, it only changes Channel 1 on DMX out. If I change the Start at Channel, to 4, It comes through only on 4.

Any idea why it is not coming though on 1- 334, but instead 1-1 or what ever single channel the Start At setting is set at?

If this is confusing I could make a little video to explain...

Oh, and Thanks So Much for your product!
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: DMX-IN and HTP, how does it work?

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi newton,

First, thank you very much for your positive feedback!

Second, I will try to test your scenario. Please mind that this might take a while. Thank you for your understanding.
To speed things up, can I please ask you to send your MADRIX Setup File (*.ms2) to info[at]madrix.com? This would help a lot I think. If possible, can you please create the video or make screenshots of your settings in the Device Manager or MADRIX (tab DMX Devices, tab Art-Net, and tab DMX Input).

Thank you so much for your help!
newton2013

Post by newton2013 »

Video up at http://www.14dd5266c70789bdc806364df4586335-gdprlock/watch?v=yFwDn5gTEvo
I will send the file now to the email you gave.
Thanks!
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Thank you! The video and the Setup file helped a lot!

So I think I found the reason. Can you please double-check the Fixture Editor and your fixture profile? When I loaded it here, HTP was not set for the channels.

And I think I can explain why soley channel 1 and channel 4 worked in the tests. Your Patch starts with DMX address 040. So every channel below is not occupied by a fixture. In this case, MADRIX can easily apply HTP and your input will go through to this channel. If you start at channel 40, it won't work anymore.

To back up my results, I routed in a full 512 channels via Art-Net in my tests and deactivated HTP. Then, all 512 channels were mapped to the output universe without problems.

I hope that fixes the problem!
newton2013

Post by newton2013 »

After realizing I did not backup my madrix.mfl before the last update, I decided to just start over from the beginning and build new fixture profiles, patch etc. I made sure the fixture is set to HTP on all channels.

As a test,
I loaded in (via patch) One 5-channel Led Par lamp onto channels 1-5.

The HTP still does not seem to map to multiple channels, all DmxIn channels (1-512) come through only on the one channel labeled Start At.

Dmx Input settings are,
Start At channel 1.
Map Channels 1 to 512
Universe 1
HTP

With HTP on,
Channel 1 input appears on output channel 1,
Channel 2 input appears on output channel 1,
Channel 3 input appears on output channel 1.... etc.

With HTP off the channels are mapped correctly to their corresponding channels. 1 on 1, 2 on 2, 3 on 3 etc.

Still with only one fixture, I still get All channels coming though the one Start At channel,(not mapped across the multiple channels), when HTP is activated via the Dmx Input /Artnet selection.

Using a Neo with Ver 2.14a on XP

Thanks again for your time.

Oh, I also get a warning at Madrix startup saying "The generated fixtures are addressed up to universe 15. They exceed the virtual output universe count of 1! Please change the settings."

It still shows up with just one fixture loaded, on channels 1-5.
What settings does it want me to change?
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi,

For your information:
Your madrix.mfl was backed up by the setup into a madrix.mfl.bak-just for your information. You can also extract fixture profiles from the Patch in MADRIX using "Save Fixture As" on the right hand side, when having selected a fixture in the Patch.

Newton, are you using MADRIX 2.14a to test this?

And the message says, that you are using more fixture than your NEO has the license for (15 Universes compared to 1 Universe license). If possible, please send me the new MADRIX Setup File. Thank you!
newton2013

Post by newton2013 »

Yes, I am using Madrix Ver. 2.14a

I have sent the file. Thanks again.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Thank you!

I think I can see what you mean. I will take my findings to the developers and we will continue investigating the matter on a much deeper level. I will keep you updated in this post, Monday at the latest.

I am sorry that you are experiencing these troubles and I do hope it is not overly urgent right now, since I cannot provide a solution at this point. I will also try older versions to see if the problem can be bypassed somehow.

Thank you very much!
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Thanks again for all your help and that you reported this.
Unfortunately, I have to say that this is a bug in the software, an unintended behaviour. So right now, it won't work as intended. Our apologies!
newton2013

Post by newton2013 »

Are you are referring to the HTP issue?
If so, is it just with the NEO?

Any guess at how much time it may be till a fix is figured out?

Thanks