Resize a fixture in patch

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

densant

Resize a fixture in patch

Post by densant »

Hello,
I was wondering if it was possible to re size a fixture inside the patch I'm working with some 3CH wall washers and mapping those is a pain since they're so small.

Also can someone explain how the Z planes work i have 58 LEDwalker vertical tubes and i'm trying to create 3D effects.

one last thing, is there a autosave feature?
Jesus saves, so should you!
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Resize a fixture in patch

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

1) MADRIX is mainly a pixel-based application and such a usually wall washer represents 1 lighting point. As such, the fixture size cannot be resized inside the Patch since it is a grid-based system. But you can easily zoom in and zoom out, use the automatic Add Fixtures functionality, and various other conveniences provided by the Patch. Learn more: http://help.madrix.com/hidd_preferences_patch.html

2) When working with 3D projects and Z-planes, I recommend having a look at MADRIX 3. This will be a major improvement, especially for 3D and makes a lot of things really easy. But see for yourself: http://www.madrix.com/en/home/products/madrix-3.html

3) There is no Autosave feature available. It seems like a convenient idea, but it has a lot of (negative) implications as well. For example, it could heavily disrupt a live lighting performance.

Does that answer your questions?
Thanks!
densant

Post by densant »

1. i don't have a problem working with individual pixels in the patch, the problem is in the preview window, its really hard too see them and work with mapping.
2. i guess i'll just wait fro Madrix 3 to come out then. is there a time frame?
3. that would be very inconvenient, but what if it only autosaves when there's a change made to the patch?
Martin - MADRIX

Post by Martin - MADRIX »

1. With MADRIX 3, you will be able to zoom in and out of the Previews. So that is another area that will be improved. For now, maybe it is easier to work with the pixel-based numbers than visual mapping.

2. If everything goes as planned, MADRIX is expected to be out by the end of this month or a little later.

3. That is an interesting idea. What others features would you say need to have an autosave applied after changing the settings?

Thank you!
densant

Post by densant »

1. That's a really good feature and I'm sure it would be useful.

2. Great!

3. i think it would be nice that you can enable auto-save for things you want it,
Like: Effects, devices, patch, storage bins.
and you can choose when the auto-save happens whether its every five minutes or when a change is made.
lwpsr

Post by lwpsr »

If auto save is added please make it so it can be turned on and off. As for myself, I do not want it.