Irregular shapes

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Inggerse

Irregular shapes

Post by Inggerse »

Hi there,

I'm quite New to MADRIX and LED Control so you ma forgive me my maybe silly questions.

I was wondering if MADRIX is able to handle custom shape LED walls, i.e. Not square Form. If yes, how can I kind of import my shape resp. layout to Madrix ?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards, inggerse.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Irregular shapes

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

Welcome to MADRIX!

Yes, you can control custom-shaped LED walls with MADRIX. You can use the "Patch" and its grid system to position your fixtures according to your requirements. You only have to do this once and MADRIX will know how your wall looks like when you save the configuration in a Setup File.

An import function is not available, but the Patch provides a lot of implemented tools and functionality to help you configure everything.

Link MADRIX 3: http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/h ... patch.html

Link MADRIX 2: http://help.madrix.com/m2/html/madrix/h ... patch.html

Does that help?
Inggerse

Post by Inggerse »

Thanks for your quick answer which unfortunately only partly Covers my needs.

I was thinking if it is possible to import a bitmap or CAD file which contains the shape of my LED Wall. Does Madrix offer this possibility ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

As mentioned above, an import function is not available. So no bitmap or CAD files (or any other files except the MADRIX Patch file format) can be imported as of now.

Thanks!
Inggerse

Post by Inggerse »

Alright, now I got it :)
Thank you very much for your kind and fast help.