How to create a fixture for LED Pixel Ribbons

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

mkroeger

How to create a fixture for LED Pixel Ribbons

Post by mkroeger »

Hello all,

I am very new to this software and dmx lighting control, but I have been using LOR for years and years...

I am hacking my way through the setup and configuration of my new lighting equipment and setup. I have run into a mistake I know I have created when creating a fixture for my LED Ribbons. The DMX channel #/ids are getting messed up when I build a matrix using my fixture.
It probably has to do with how my E1.31 board and channels are configured and how I defined my fixture.
Maybe one of you more experienced will be able to point out my mistake.

I am using this controller: SanDevices SACN/E1.31/Art-Net RGB Pixel Controller Model E682
I am using WS2811 LED ribbons where every 3 LEDs is a pixel, with 50 pixels per ribbon. The card is currently configured like so:
http://1drv.ms/QZZqC8
I noticed when I was in MADRIX and testing the individual channels, that my pixel universe 1 would stop address at 510 and then then next pixel would be universe 2 channels 1,2,3(RGB).
The issue is when I choose the text function in MADRIX, and choose a letter, say "M", the top Half of the M is in the right spot, correlating with the preview on the screen, and the bottom half is shifted over to the right(on the actual pixels themselves), which does not match the preview. Obviously my addressing is off somewhere.
I built the fixture to resemble one ribbon. so it has 1 row of 50 pixels, with each pixel getting three channels(RGB), and begin with 1 and end with 150.
I am attempting to build a matrix of these ribbons, 16 of them high, spaced about 3 or 4" apart vertically. Starting point top left, horizontal, not zig zag.

Thanks,
Mike
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: How to create a fixture for LED Pixel Ribbons

Post by Guertler »

Hello mkroeger,
Welcome to the forum.
It seems to be a problem with the pixel/fixture assignment in the MADRIX Patch.
Probably you have to rotate or to flip the bottom half of your patched fixtures.
You can easily rotate and flip the patched fixtures in the MADRIX Patch.
To open the Patch window in MADRIX go to "Preferences > Patch" now you can see the patched fixtures. Select a fixture and rotate or flip the fixture in the fixture settings. The fixture settings are located on the right side of Patch window.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Thank you