Strip led as a curtain with no data loopback

Campanini

Strip led as a curtain with no data loopback

Post by Campanini »

Hello
I'm asking how configure the patch matrix in a case where the stripled is assembled vertically like a curtain and the end of every single stripled is not connected at the beginning of the next one.

my application has 18 vertical stripled composed of 200 rgb led each , total per stripled 600 channels 2 universe used (512 + 88)

the question is :
when I generate the array with Matix generator and the parameters are (count x y z) 18 - 200 - 1
the result is correct if I connect the end of the first stripled with the beginning of the second and so....
but unfortunately I can't connected due 'curtain' application

I'd like to have universe 1 and 2 for the first stripled and universe 3 and 4 for the sencond and so ...

How can I do it ?

Thank You
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Strip led as a curtain with no data loopback

Post by Guertler »

Hello Campanini,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

In case of the explained connection of the fixtures you will need to work with the MADRIX "Patch Editor" instead of the "Matrix Generator".
Please navigate in MADRIX to "Preferences > Patch Editor". At the Patch Editor I recommend to disable "Auto-Address" and click the "Add" button. Now you will find nearly the same window like the "Matrix Generator" and you are able to add line by line (200 x 1 pixels). After adding a line please increment the "Start Position Y" by one and also incrment the "DMX Start Universe" by two.

If you don't know how to work with the Patch Editor in MADRIX 5, please have a look a the following tutorials:
https://www.14dd5266c70789bdc806364df4586335-gdprlock/watch?v=a2GeqOf ... oN&index=5
https://help.madrix.com/tutorials/m5/HT ... ditor.html
Campanini

Re: Strip led as a curtain with no data loopback

Post by Campanini »

GREAT !!!!

all Ok Thank You !