Phillips Hue

RockitFX

Phillips Hue

Post by RockitFX »

Hello!

I have found information in the user manual regarding discovery of the Hue bridge, which I've done, but I can't seem to find details on how to actually patch the fixtures. Has anyone had any success with this? Thanks!
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Phillips Hue

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi,

Depending on what kind of fixtures you have, this should be possible with profiles, such as
— !generic 1 Channel Light 1 Channel Light
— !generic RGB Light 1 pixel
— !generic RGBW Light 1 pixel

Thanks.
RockitFX

Post by RockitFX »

Ok, but how do I patch the lights? Madrix only sees the Hue bridge, not the individual lights, so I have no idea how to get Madrix to communicate with the lights.

For reference, I am using some of their fillament bulbs; some are single color white & some are dual color.

Cheers
RockitFX

Post by RockitFX »

When I go into device manager & highlight the universe, my bulbs come on so I know they are working. I just can't figure out how to patch them.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi,

Please patch them using the Patch Editor. Go to the menu Preferences > Patch Editor...
Learn more in the user manual here:
https://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/ ... patch.html

Add each fixture profile, arrange them accordingly, and make sure to finalize with Edit > Matrix Settings... to set the total dimensions.
RockitFX

Post by RockitFX »

Ok, let me ask my question in a different way:

How do I find (or change) the address of the Phillips Hue bulbs? It's impossible to patch a fixture if I don't know, or can't change its address. I cannot find any information about this, which is surprising as this is a very useful feature.

Cheers
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Philips Hue is simply a bit different in this regard, which probably has to do with its main area of application: Home Automation (and using it with a smartphone app).

This is nothing the MADRIX 5 Software has any influence on and has a lot to do with the Hue Bridge.
In our experience, the first fixture registered with the bridge receives start address 1. Then, it linearly addresses all fixtures accordingly.

I would recommend to patch some fixtures in the Patch Editor and use the Highlight function to find out their addressing. That may be backwards, but maybe achieves what you want.