Aura records scenes from Madrix but wont play

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Quinton

Aura records scenes from Madrix but wont play

Post by Quinton »

Hi Im having an issue wherby im recording from Madrix and i can see the AURA recording (blinking red) and also can see the recording in the AURA but when i play the recording the output is blank. I havent used an Aura for a while and must be doing something wrong. please see attached images/ tabs in Madrix and the Aura, can you please assist - the fittings / scenes are all on Universe 5.

link to images https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoTb6uavLgDF3SE0ws6 ... m?e=BMVDtf
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Aura records scenes from Madrix but wont play

Post by Schulze »

Hi Quinton,

I assume you also patched the fixtures in MADRIX starting with universe 5. Correct?
If yes, you just need to change the virtual universes to be recorded in the "DMX Devices " tab. For now you are recording universe 1 and 2. Please have a look at the attached screenshot.
Attachments
DMX tab in Madrix_edit.png
DMX tab in Madrix_edit.png (528.49 KiB) Viewed 4566 times
Quinton

Post by Quinton »

Thanks Schulze, yes patch is universe 5. Just checking with the virtual universe i check both ports to 5? Also might be a silly question but im using an Aura 2, can you explain why we see / how we use the 10 out ports and 2 in ports?
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi Quinton,

Yes, if you want to record Universe 5 for both ports. Just perform a double click on the Universe column and enter 5.
Also might be a silly question but im using an Aura 2, can you explain why we see / how we use the 10 out ports and 2 in ports?
- Those are the AURA ports responsible for remote control. There are 8 universes available for remote control.
- If you control the AURA remotely, you will need to send data to the device. Therefore those ports are also "output" ports / universes in MADRIX 5.
- You can use the two inputs to receive data from the AURA in MADRIX 5.

I hope this helps you!
Quinton

Post by Quinton »

Great thanks Schulze worked well :). I have another question, when i create scenes in Madrix they loop fine, when i record to the AURA and set to endless loop you get that 'jump' at the end of a scene back to beginning. Is there any process i can apply either in Madrix or the Aura so i can get a perfect loop?
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi Quinton,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

There is a "loop finder" in the MADRIX 5 software, which works with .mrec records.

That means you will need to do a "MADRIX Record", find the loop and at the end you will need to convert this file into the AURAs file format (*.dxd) and upload it afterwards.

This works for example for the following effects:

- SCE Color Scroll
- SCE Wave / Radial
- SCE Graph

You will need to do the following steps:

1) In the MADRIX 5 software, please navigate to "Preferences" > "Options..." > "Recording" and change the "Target" to "MADRIX Record".
2) Start a new record by clicking at the record button in the "Layer Control" view. I recommend to record at least 1000 frames.
3) Navigate to "Tools" > "Record Editing" > "Record Editing" tab.
4) Select the recording from the list above and click at the "Find Loop" button. Wait for the process to finish.
5) In the same menu, now click on "Export".
6) In the last step convert this record into the "*.dxd" format in the "DXD Conversion" tab and upload the record to the AURA by using the MADRIX HARDWARE MANAGER.

Here you will find a detailed explanation:
https://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/ ... rd+editing
https://help.madrix.com/hardwaremanager ... orage.html

I hope this helps you.