Multiple tube light addressing help please!

Stake1551

Multiple tube light addressing help please!

Post by Stake1551 »

Hi everyone,

I have tried and tried to come to the proper resolution on this and I can’t seem to make it happen -

I have a small nightclub where I have 8 rows of tube lights along the ceiling going away from the DJ booth to the bar area. Each row is connected to a port on the controller and the controller has 8 individual ports.

Each tube is 1 meter long with 20 pixels per tube. Each row has the following.

Row 1 - 11 tubes
Row 2 - 12 tubes
Row 3 - 14 tubes
Row 4 - 13 tubes
Row 5 - 16 tubes
Row 6 - 16 tubes
Row 7 - 16 tubes
Row 8 - 16 tubes

Here is the issue I’m running into - I can get all of the lights operational no problem but the addressing is screwed up. For instance if I try to run a simple color scroll on it does not match what is showing on the screen.

The colors might start in the middle of row one and the 3rd and 7th light may be the same color with absolutely no flow. The same thing happens on each row. Nothing matches up to the program itself.

For programming I have tried most everything I can think of and what seems to at least get all of the tubes working is in the patch editor is for example

Row 1 - X = 1 and y = 220
Row 2 - X = 1 and y = 240 with the start row being 2
Row 3 - x = 1 and y = 280 with the start row being 3
Etc…

In the device manager I have it set up for 16 universes and it say 4 ports with channels 0 1 2 3 on each one 4 different times to make up the 16 universes.

I came to this as I would like each light connected in the row to act as one long strand as opposed to a bunch of individual lights and nothing I have tried so far doesn’t seem to get them t :D o match. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can provide any info needed! Thanks!
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Multiple tube light addressing help please!

Post by Schulze »

Hi Stake1551,

Please send us your MADRIX 5 setup to info[at]madrix[dot]com.

There might be a seperate "addressing tool" for the fixtures, which allows you to set the correct DMX start addresses. Please double check.

In order to help you with the alignment of the fixtures in the MADRIX 5 Patch Editor, there is a "Highlight" function.
You will find it in the toolbar of the Patch Editor. After enabeling it, you can click on a desired fixture, the fixture will be highlighted in the desired color (default is full white).

Thanks in advance!
Stake1551

Re: Multiple tube light addressing help please!

Post by Stake1551 »

Will do … sending over shortly. Thank you for your help.