Resistor networks

Moderator: MADRIX Team

webcentrik

Resistor networks

Post by webcentrik »

Has anyone got any examples of using a resistor network with the orion to increase the number of button inputs?

I realistically need to be up at about 16 buttons but it is too expensive for this job to use two orions.

Any suggestions?
klark

Re: Resistor networks

Post by klark »

One potential solution could be to incorporate a chatbot as a means of input control. This could allow for a more cost-effective solution without requiring additional hardware.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello webcentrik,

It is possible create a button network/button matrix which will be connected to only one ORION input pin. In that case you will need to connect/solder the resistor in line and all buttons needs to be connected in parallel to the desired ORION Pin.
The second contact of each button needs to be connected to V+.

Depending on the connected resistors every pressed button will output different values below the maximum.
In the AURA Remote configuration you will be able to assign the desired function to the received value of this Pin/DMX channel with the help of the "Parameter Type" option.
In the MADRIX software often a simple macro will be used to assign the desired function.
webcentrik

Post by webcentrik »

Guertler

Sorry for the misunderstanding, this is using a computer with Madrix running.

I have got my resistor network working and have managed to configure the Orion so that the 8 buttons give 8 different voltages and are coming in to Madrix as DMX values 1-8.

The problem appears to be there is no logic available in the DMX-IN Remote Editor. With the Aura it is possible to set value statements, ie if DMX > 10 and DMX <15 Trigger Playlist 1.

I can't find way to do this as when you release the button the voltage goes back to 0v taking with it the DMX value. The buttons are recalling PLACE ID 2-9 but when the button is release it immediately goes back to PLACE ID 1.
webcentrik

Post by webcentrik »

I have now tried this the other way using an Arduino Nano to take in the 8 input switches and the output on one of the pins a voltage which I can map in DMX Input remote control.

The problem I am seeing is with a multimeter the voltage is stable from the arduino, but the Orion is seeing a constantly varying voltage except when the output of the arduino is set at 0 or 100%, ie 0v or 5v.

I have had this before with a floating ground using a CCTV camera as a trigger input which we electrically isolated, but as I am coming out of the arduino on a voltage line and a ground into the trigger 1 and ground on the Orion I don't know how to stop this voltage bounce.

Any suggestions?