Aura partially hangs when using default file

Moderator: MADRIX Team

webcentrik

Aura partially hangs when using default file

Post by webcentrik »

I returned to a site yesterday with three Auras. The customer requested a pure white scene so I thought to use the default white. On the first aura this worked perfectly when triggered from a button push on the orion it changed to white and played in a loop then when another button trigger activated it moved to that cue.

I moved on to the second aura and uploaded the exact same file using hardware manager and changed the Cuelist to use the new white file. When selected from the button the Aura would partially hang and not then respond to any other button presses from the aura. If you pressed any of the other buttons on the orion except the one now selecting white they worked and would allow you to change between the Cues. If you then changed the file in the cue back to its original file it worked as normal. As soon as you select white it hangs and you need to select a different cue from the web interface.

I rebooted the unit and tried recording on to the Aura, albeit with a newer version of Madrix than when the units were installed. The recorded file would play back but would still hang the Aura. Due to the location of the installation I could not update the firmware using USB and it wouldn't allow it with Hardware Manager which was incredibly frustrating. I am returning tomorrow out of business hours to update this unit and try again.

Is there any reason why the default file from the aura memory card would cause the unit to hang like this?
webcentrik

Re: Aura partially hangs when using default file

Post by webcentrik »

Update.

Attended site today and update the firmware on all three units. Still
Only one would play the default white file. I recorded new files directly on the aura and these are working.

Why is the file transfer so slow and it feels like this may be part of the issue. I’ve yet to record a file on the computer and send it to the aura after converting it with any success.

Has this improved on the new software and firmware.
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Aura partially hangs when using default file

Post by Schulze »

Hi webcentrik,

Thank you for your report.

Which MADRIX HARDWARE MANAGER version do you use ('Help' > 'About...')?
To further analyze the issue please send us all logfiles from the AURA sd card and white scene, which seems to cause the issue.

Thanks in advance!