Timelines options

Nicolas delight

Timelines options

Post by Nicolas delight »

Hello,

I’ve been working with timelines recently and I have some questions/remarks about it :
_ is there a way to add a fade in to the very first segment of the timelines in order to have a smooth transition between different timelines ? Can’t make it happens.
_ can we have a different fade in and fade out with 2 following segments ?
When I change the fade out of one segment it automatically apply the same time to the fade in of the next segment.
_ it would be nice to be able to copy/paste segments with everything in it, especially opacity layers.
_ when using opacity layers , how to delete the unnecessary points of opacity curve ?
_still with opacity layers, would be interesting to be able to select and have multiple layers active at the same time.
Visible by their color group.

Thanks a lot.
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Timelines options

Post by Schulze »

Hi Nicolas delight,

I would like to answer your Questions:
1) is there a way to add a fade in to the very first segment of the timelines in order to have a smooth transition between different timelines ?
- Yes, you can use "SCE Color" with black color as first Cue Segment. This allows you to create a fade-in.

2) can we have a different fade in and fade out with 2 following segments ?
- This is per design.
- The fade-in of the current cue segment has the same fade time as the fade-out of the previous cue segment next to it on the left
- The fade-out of the current cue segment has the same fade time as the fade-in of the next cue segment next to it on the Right

3) it would be nice to be able to copy/paste segments with everything in it, especially opacity layers
- You can copy a single Cue segment by pressing and holding the CTRL key after selecting it. While having CTRL pressed move your mouse to the desired location and release.
- Unfortunately it doesn't copy the opacity. Thank you for your Feedback!

4) when using opacity layers , how to delete the unnecessary points of opacity curve ?
- Once you selected "Edit Layer Opacity" you can select and delete the points with the DEL or backspace key on your Keyboard.

5) still with opacity layers, would be interesting to be able to select and have multiple layers active at the same time.
Visible by their color Group
- Thank you for our feedback! If you add a Storage Place with multiple layers as Cue Segment, you can change the opacity by layer over time. However you can't change the opacity at the same time for multiple layers.