Color Gradients from Color tables

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

mcpantsface

Color Gradients from Color tables

Post by mcpantsface »

I'd like to see a color table function included with the color gradients. I think it's odd that I can use color tables for some effects but others use gradients which I have to manually enter each color.

For example, the SCE Plasma effect has only a color gradient and no color table, but in SCE Fire (Flames) there's the option for a Color Ramp that can be loaded from a Color Table. Or SCE Color Scroll is a color table and SCE Color Ramp is a gradient...

The reason I ask is that I have a lot of different color tables and it becomes tedious if I want to incorporate effects that don't include color table options into the same set.

Cheers.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Color Gradients from Color tables

Post by Wissmann »

Hi, i am not sure if i understand your request correct.
You like to have the possibility to load into the SCE Color Ramp for example a color list as like as in a color ramp or color table dialog?
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
mcpantsface

Post by mcpantsface »

My apologies, I forgot about this post.

You're correct. It seems strange that SCE Color Ramp requires you to manually enter each color while SCE Color Scroll has the option to load colors from a .mct file.

More broadly speaking, it would be nice if there was a way to setup a palette for a storage place or for a session. I already do this, but I have to do it outside of Madrix, and it takes quite a bit of effort to manually enter the RGB values for each effect. While I like rainbows and saturated colors just as much as the next guy, having good color palettes can really improve a set.

Cheers.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi,

with MADRIX 3 we have implement this Option.
The name of the SCE Color Ramp effect of MADRIX 2 is now SCE Gradient and you have to right click into the gradient control to get the menu for open a MADRIX Color Table File (*.mctx).
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)