Matrix with lots of space between pixels

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

StijnS

Matrix with lots of space between pixels

Post by StijnS »

Hello everybody,

I am currently preparing a show where I will be using 120 SGM LT-200 tubes. These tubes will be hung in a matrix.

I am currently pre-programming my show and experience some issues.

For text to be readable, I have created my matrix with lots of empty space between the tubes. This way the effect in Madrix looks like the effect I see in WYSIWYG. Screenshot

But now I can't create nice "drops" effects anymore, because it seems that Madrix generates drops in between my pixel tubes.

What do you recommend for this setup? Am I doing the right thing, leaving that much empty space?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Stijn Sontrop
Last edited by StijnS on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Matrix with lots of space between pixels

Post by Guertler »

Hello StijnS,
Welcome to the forum.
Yes, you are right. MADRIX generates the effects depends on the size of the "Virtual Matrix". That means the effect will also rendered at positions where no fixtures are.
In the case of the "SCE Drops" and a Patch with space between the fixtures, you could change the "Count" of the drops and the "Pitch 1" and "Pitch 2" to see more drops at the output.
An other possibility is to decrease the space between the fixtures at the patch. The advantage is: It saves some performance of the used computer. Because according to the size of the "Virtual Matrix" the computer needs more performance to render the MADRIX effects.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Thank you.
StijnS

Post by StijnS »

Thanks for your reply!
I have now slightly reduced the empty space between the fixtures and played a bit with the pitch and size settings of the SCE Drops effect.
I am now able to get the effect I want. Thanks!

Next to this I have encountered a somehow annoying problem: Sometimes when re-opening a setup, Madrix tells me that the file "does not have a valid Madrix setup structure".
Luckily I didn't program much effects yet, but it doesn't give me a comfortable feeling. Is this a known bug to you?
Until now I have experienced this three times.
System specs:
- Madrix 3.2
- Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
- Intel i7 860
- 12GB ram
- 2x NVidia 9600GT (not in SLI)
Should you need it, I have kept one of the corrupted setup files.

Kind regards,

Stijn

Edit: I guess I have found an issue that could probably corrupt the showfile... I am running WYSIWYG r32 on the same computer. Madrix sometimes reports that it found an ArtNet node without a valid mac address. Verification with Wireshark pointed out that WYSIWYG sends out ArtPollReply's of only 61 bytes...
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello StijnS,
To specify the issue please send us a corrupted MADRIX Setup file and a Logfile to info[at]madrix[dot]com.
To create a Logfile, go to Tools > Logfile > Save To File... and enter a name for the Logfile.
Can you explain which effects you are used in the setup or if exsists you can also send an uncorrupted setup file with the same effects.
It would be very helpful for us if you paste the link to the forum post into the mail.
Thank you