LOR Controllers

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

zeighty

LOR Controllers

Post by zeighty »

Me again.
I am using Madrix to send DMX to LOR controllers. I use a DMXKing USB to DMX dongle. All appears to be working well and I hope to do a live test within a week.
I just wondered if anyone else is using Madrix to do this or a similar situation? Madrix was a bit pricy to use in this manner
, but if I don't have to write sequences it will be worth it.
So let me hear from anyone doing anything close.
Thanks so much!
zeighty
greywolf

Re: LOR Controllers

Post by greywolf »

i have found a video concerning the incorporation of madrix and LOR and the instructions to link the two together and make it work .
i'm what has come to be known as a Holiday Lighting Enthusiast .
using DMX 512 and LOR controllers for the lights we put on our home and interested in making sequencing easier , like yourself
GreyWolf
zeighty

Post by zeighty »

Merry Christmas Greywolf -

I have spent a lot of time sequencing. No time for it this year.
I purchased Madrix about 3 months ago and have really enjoyed getting it up and working. This year I will test my Madrix setup to see if I like it and more importantly, will my viewers like it. I hope so. Rather large investment if I don't use it for years to come.

You mentioned a video. I will assume that it is from ComputerizedLighting.
I have actually copied the video about 6 months before I purchased Madrix just in case it was deleted from YouTube. ComputerizedLighting no long exists as it did in 2011 when the video was made. I tried to contact them, but it appears that they have become a different company with a focus on

I have run a simple test and saw that lights were working, but won't have the real results until late October or early November.

Have you used Madrix for your Christmas lights yet? If so, do you have any videos you want to share?
If you have not used it yet, do you plan on doing so this year?

Looking forward to your reply!
zeighty
opengsangdam40

Post by opengsangdam40 »

I see that we have the same concern regarding LOR controllers , that's why i try something out of this world and I don't know if this is legit, i found this Omron SYSMAC CP1H Micro Programmable Logic Controller , when i was searching controllers on some directories.. on this website http://www.thegreenbook.com/products/controllers/ .. i will let you know of the progress that I did on my testing
cyberstalker292

Post by cyberstalker292 »

I know the YouTube video that turned me on to LOR/Madrix says you need a USB to DMX controller....... I'd like to know why? The current LOR controllers understand DMX (they have DMX controllers build in), so why can't we control them via the USB to RJ45 converter that comes with LOR controllers using Madrix?

I haven't figured out how to do this yet, but a DMX signal is just a DMX signal. LOR understands DMX.
cyberstalker292

Post by cyberstalker292 »

Oh I see...... Madrix has to have a USB interface that is detected by the computer (duh).

I just bought a DMXking interface listed on the supported list.
Hope it works good, shipping was very expensive.

Nothing on the supported DMX list is on Amazon..... that stinks.
viennaxmas

Post by viennaxmas »

I actually use it the other way around. Using the LOR Sequencer to control Madrix which is then controlling my 10,000 pixel matrix (maxed out my license)...

I have also played with controlling the LOR controllers directly using the LOR hardware adapter which works too as output device for Madrix.
zeighty

Post by zeighty »

viennaxmas wrote:I actually use it the other way around. Using the LOR Sequencer to control Madrix which is then controlling my 10,000 pixel matrix (maxed out my license)...

I have got to check this forum more often... I see your reply is dated 10/2.... A little behind...
I have also played with controlling the LOR controllers directly using the LOR hardware adapter which works too as output device for Madrix.
Having S3 control Madrix probably be the only way I will have use for my Madrix license. I did not like the results of Madrix running the controllers. It is probably my ignorance, but it just seemed to take too much tweaking to get anything half way decent to happen. And then a different song / music would need something else tweaked.
I suspect that I need to get a grip on how to use Madrix for pixel control and give up the thought that it controlling my LOR controllers was going to help me avoid sequencing.
viennaxmas

Post by viennaxmas »

I think there was something mentioned earlier in this thread about the need to have a USB DMX adapter to make LOR talk to Madrix. This is not correct, you can use E1.31 (SACN) for this. Simply set up a Universe in LOR Network Preferences set to MultiCast and configure the same Universe in Madrix as input and assign a remote control. This works on a single PC as well as distributed over multiple PC.

So far Madrix does not support Unicast (and the SACN specs are a little convoluted with regards to Unicast), so MultiCast is the only way it works. But - it does work!
zeighty

Post by zeighty »

Hi Viennaxmas -

I think I have seen some of your posts on AusChristmas....
Thanks for the insight. Wish I would have tried that before buy two DMX king dongles at $70 each.

I hope I can figure out a use for Madrix... so far it was a bad idea for controlling LOR controllers.

zeighty