Easy one for your expert users...

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

zeighty

Easy one for your expert users...

Post by zeighty »

Please explain "overlaps" that occur in the Patch.
I think I know, but I need clarification.
Thanks!
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Easy one for your expert users...

Post by Guertler »

Hello zeighty,
If you enable the "Overlap" mode in the MADRIX patch window, you will be able to position more than one pixel (with different DMX addresses) at this position. That means the pixels lie on top of each other.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Thank you.
jstjohnz

Post by jstjohnz »

Can I get a bit of clarification on this? I'm trying to set up a configuration where I have 3 physical RGB pixels corresponding to each position in the matrix.

For example, at matrix location X=1, Y=1, I'd like to have 3 RGB pixels with consecutive addresses mapped to this location. Is this possible using fixture overlap? Will all 3 pixels then light together? Does this count as 9 channels toward the license limit or only 3? In other words if I have a START license, 512 channels, can I have a matrix with 170 RGB locations but each location consisting of multiple physical pixels?
Jim St. John

[color=#BF00BF]The Pixel Project[/color]
jim at [url]www.sandevices.com[/url]
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello jstjohnz,
When you enable the "Overlap" mode in MADRIX you can patch fixtures with different DMX addresses to the same position.
All fixtures which are patched to the same position will light together.
When you patch 3 RGB pixels with different DMX addresses to the same position it will counted as 9 DMX channels.