usb3.0 hub

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

odie

usb3.0 hub

Post by odie »

I looking at a USB 3.0 hub to hook up my three NEO's will this work? everything I've read about usb 3.0 says it backward compatable. there are two things I like about this hub 1st it seems like a really robust unit both for speed(I know I won't get the full usb3.0 speed out of it) and power. 2nd it has cable screw locks so the usb cables won't come loose! And it is only $10.00 more than the same brand's USB2.0 hub without wire screw locks!
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: usb3.0 hub

Post by Wissmann »

Hi odie,
currently we have not tested NEO´s at a USB3.0 Port or Hub.
Did you have a USB3.0 Port at your PC? If not a USB3.0 Hub makes no sense!
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
odie

Post by odie »

I know that I will not get all the features of the USB 3.0 BUT the hub I'm looking at seems to be heavy duty(metal case not plastic!!) and has 900ma of power per port where most top out at 500ma. The thing I like the most is that the cables screw lock down, because I'm moble I going to Be making a hub rack road case system. Unless someone knows of a nice rackmount usb hub? I found one that had 20 ports! and was a 220v only(I'm in the US 120v ) a bit to much!
also the one I'm looking at is only $10 more than the USB 2.0(without the cable srew locks!) so I really just want to see if there any issues with madrix NEO and a USB 3.0 Hub?

Here it is:
http://www.qualitycables.com/productdet ... C210%2C212

PS I'm using a loptop and was having issues with power to the NEO's going stright from the laptop. The next gig I ran a cheap USB hub and had almost no issues until 15mins til the end when the cheap hub fried!!(about 8 hrs stright)
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

OK, now we tested the NEO at a USB3.0 Port.
And..... Yes it works very well for output like input :-)
So the USB3.0 Hub you are thinking about seams to be a good choice if you have a USB3.0 Port at your PC !!!!
odie

Post by odie »

just an update, I've used the new usb 3.0 hub and it's working great!!

ps is there a way to post pics on here?
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi odie,
create to hear it works well for you,
I just ask my college how about pics here.