Madrix driven mau5head

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

jeffnappi

Re: Madrix driven mau5head

Post by jeffnappi »

Stiffler wrote:I know this is more of a hardware question, but how do you address all the little LEDs? I have been looking to do something similar, on a much larger scale, but I am having a difficult time understanding how Madrix will communicate with all the LEDs in a string.
how many pixels are you planning to drive? Does it need to be battery powered/portable?
Stiffler

Post by Stiffler »

I actually have 2 projects in mind. The first is an LED dj booth, with 1000+ LEDs. The second is for my Halloween costume (which will also include cryogenics), which I plan on controlling wirelessly (I may just use DMX for the costume). I have found cost effective LEDs on www.xhled.com/en, but I am not sure how I would go about controlling them. They sell various controlers, some of which can be operated from a pc, but I don't know what protocol they are using.
jeffnappi

Post by jeffnappi »

Build video / deadmau5 wearing it while performing (at the end): http://www.14dd5266c70789bdc806364df4586335-gdprlock/watch?v=-BeGx2w-vIE