Artnet

tuborg1

Artnet

Post by tuborg1 »

Hello, I'm the new one
I'm currently testing 4 pixel mapping software so I can buy one
I have a problem with madrix right from the start
I don't get any Artnet output, network and IP are correct - the artnet node is also found but I can't click on APPLY, see pictures
please help - thank you
Attachments
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (120.6 KiB) Viewed 961 times
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (77.81 KiB) Viewed 961 times
tuborg1

Re: Artnet

Post by tuborg1 »

sorry, wrong area
Can someone please move it
Thanks
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello tuborg1,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

The topic is now moved to the correct Thread.

According to the posted images there is no need to click Apply. MADRIX is now sending Art-Net data to the fixtures. But to send data MADRIX 5 needs a valid license (MADRIX KEY) connected. Otherwise it is running in Demo Mode and no effect data can be sent. Only the Highlight of a Port/Universe can be sent by clicking the "Highlight" button (Bulb).

If a MADRIX KEY with a valid license is connected and there is still no output, please send us a MADRIX logfile via e-mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com.
To create a logfile please navigate in MADRIX to "Tools > Logfile", click the button "Save As..." and enter a name for the Logfile.

Thank you.
tuborg1

Post by tuborg1 »

Thanks for the reply
Do I understand correctly that I don't get any output?
How should I then judge whether Madrix is ​​the right software for me?
I can do everything in the software, but I don't see any real result or anything in a visualization
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello tuborg1 again,

That's correct. MADRIX won't output any DMX or DVI data in Demo Mode besides the highlight of ports.
In the MADRIX preview you can visualize the created results of your effects at the created patch but it is not possible to send the data via Art-Net or sACN to a visualizer in demo mode.
In Demo Mode it is possible to save the created setup and learn the MADRIX workflows.
For a real testit would also be possible to rent a MADRIX KEY.
Under the following link you will find MADRIX partners who rent KEYs in different countries:
https://www.madrix.com/operators-dry-hire
webcentrik

Post by webcentrik »

Trust the software. Madrix is great software and very powerful and easy to use. Support from Germany is second to none, this is what often sets one product apart from another. Madrix isn’t the cheapest but it is reliable and works. Just in the middle of a big job and support has been unreal, definitely above and beyond what I would expect from elsewhere.